Easing of Lockdown Restrictions for Working in Occupied Properties
Following the Prime Minister’s recent update setting out the Government’s road map to the easing of restrictions, we are preparing to recommence working in occupied premises. As we are still under a state of National lockdown, we are in consultation with our insurers and supply chain partners, and will shortly be in contact to arrange dates to undertake any outstanding repair work, assuming that the easing of restrictions continue as recently set out.
Our Aftercare Procedure video, outlines our procedures and requirements ahead of a potential visit - https://youtu.be/WeK8mdyFF9o
Prior to our visit, we will call to discuss the following questions
- Has anyone in the household had Covid-19
- Does anyone in the household work in a frontline occupation or care home?
- Has anyone had to self-isolate?
- How long ago did anyone show symptoms?
- Is anybody in the household considered at ‘high risk’
Please ensure of the following before our operative’s visit:
- Suitable hand-washing facilities upon access to property and again before leaving
- Residents MUST wear masks when greeting our operatives
- All doors left open and windows open to aerate the property
- Cupboards housing boilers and meters to be opened if applicable
- All residents to vacate the area of work
- All obstacles to be removed
- Pets removed from work area
- Loft hatch open for access if applicable and access ladder pulled down
- Curtains opened and dimly lit areas illuminated
The following will be undertaken as part of our control measures:
- Social distancing will be adhered to
- All tools and equipment will be sanitised after each job
- Notes will be completed outside of the property to minimise time inside
- All Waste will be removed
- All operatives and resident present will be wearing face coverings.