Harrow School, Uxbridge
Harrow School, Cricket Pavilion
- Client: Harrow School
- Contract Value: £1,000,000
- Project Duration: November 2011 - June 2012
- Contract Type: JCT 2009 Design & Build
- Temporary access road
- Architect: Vincent & Gorbing
- Quantity surveyor: Gardiner & Theobold
- Structural engineer: Jenkins & Potter
- Mechanical consultant: E7 Building Services
This is an unusual contract comprising the construction of two new cricket pavilions (Buxton and Whitmore), on the grounds of Harrow School. In the summer term, the major game at Harrow is cricket.
The design and build contract, the eleventh contract carried out for the school, entailed the erection of two timber-framed structures built on traditional foundations and clad with Western Red Cedar boarding. The roofs were covered with hand-made clay tiles housing vaulted tea rooms, four changing rooms and en-suite shower facilities. They also required new services to be run across the playing fields.
Both pavilions achieved a BREEAM rating of ‘Good’.
Jarvis Contracting Sports & Leisure
We have specialist expertise in the leisure market, whether you require a leisure centre, swimming pool, gymnasium, tennis courts or sports pavilion. Find out more.