Felsted School, Essex
Follyfield Boarding House
- Client: Felsted School
- Contract Value: £4,700,000
- Project Duration: August 2013 - October 2014
- Contract Type: JCT 2011
- Architect: BHM Architects
- Quantity Surveyor: Synergy Surveyors
- Structural Engineer: David Osbourne Associates
- Mechanical Consultant: FG Alden (Heating) Ltd
This project entailed the construction of a new girl’s facility, Follyfield House to replace the existing which was damaged extensively by fire in July 2012.
Accommodating 62 girls, the house has spacious common rooms, a well-equipped kitchen, study and relaxation areas. An open atrium spans the 3 floors of the building, overlooked by social areas on each floor. Under-floor heating connected to an air source heat pump ensures the building is environmentally friendly, and state of the art security systems control access.
The 3 storey building which comprises brick and block walls with pre cast concrete floors and a pitched slated roof has 33 single and 8 double bedrooms all with en-suite facilities.
Jarvis Contracting Education
We have extensive experience of all types of educational buildings. Find out more.